How We Enable Google Cloud Platform Customers
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) provides a range of highly scalable managed cloud services, including IoT services such as Google IoT Core. The main challenge in leveraging these services is the “first mile” device support -- how to reliably, securely, and scalably enable data communication and ingestion into GCP with IoT devices as a prerequisite to delivering large-scale IoT business applications.
The Electric Imp Edge-to-Enterprise IoT platform solves that “first mile” device support challenge with a fully integrated and managed connectivity solution. Our unique architecture and flexible integration with the GCP virtually eliminates the complexities of deploying, commissioning, securing, and managing IoT devices at scale. GCP customers can focus on deriving business value from their device data with Google’s extensive cloud services, instead of worrying about overcoming the constantly-changing challenges of first mile device support.
The combined platforms provide a powerful and proven end-to-end approach, enabling customers to deliver secure, scalable, and cost-effective IoT solutions in record time.
Why Enterprises Trust Electric Imp
- Continuous chip-to-cloud security, including distinction as the only IoT platform certified to UL® Cybersecurity Certification 2900-2-2
- Proven and scalable platform, used by 100+ customers and supporting millions of devices
- Fully managed, efficient WiFi, Ethernet, and cellular connectivity with bi-directional, multi-channel communication
- Commodity hardware module support, with scalable and secure device manufacturing
- Fully programmable edge and cloud application platforms -- enabling advanced IoT applications with edge intelligence, in-flight data processing and transformations, and seamless enterprise integrations
- Secure device provisioning, on-boarding, and device management and operations including fail-safe OTA upgrade of both operating system and applications
- Pre-provisioned, multi-network cellular connectivity service -- making it simple, affordable, and ubiquitous
- Public and private cloud options
The Electric Imp - GCP Solution for Commercial and Industrial IoT
Our new GCP integrations -- to both Google IoT Core as well as Pub/Sub -- are available today and give customers the ability to rapidly connect devices at mass scale to GCP to take advantage of Google’s machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data analytics capabilities.
GCP Integration Highlights
- Enterprise-scale integration with Google IoT Core, Google Pub/Sub, and other Google services -- including Maps and Firebase, already in production with joint customers
- Fully integrated device-to-GCP cybersecurity chain including silicon-level device security, advanced mutual authentication, industrial-grade device silicon-to-cloud crypto, and GCP authentication via OAuth 2.0 with JWT profile
- Edge intelligence and cloud middleware to enable differentiated and seamlessly integrated GCP IoT solutions
What You Can Build with Electric Imp and GCP
The depth and flexibility of the integration between the Electric Imp platform and GCP gives enterprises everything they need to build and deploy demanding and large-scale IoT applications, including:
- Logistics and asset tracking with custom sensors and business logic
- Remote monitoring and control of commercial equipment, including support for legacy products and protocols
- Industrial solutions such as predictive maintenance with advanced edge processing for data filtering and device-level analytics
- Smart and efficient battery-powered solutions with easy deployment and years of operational life
- ...and many other Greenfield and Brownfield (retrofit) IoT solutions
Get Started with Electric Imp & Google Cloud Platform Today!
- Sign up to try out the GCP integrations
- Visit our online store to get your impExplorer™ Developer Kit, impCellular Breakout Board Kit, and to explore our Quickstart Family for industrial prototyping
- Check out the Electric Imp Partner Ecosystem
- Learn more about the Electric Imp Platform
- Read the Press Release
For more information or to speak with an Electric Imp representative, contact us.